Atlanta is the capital city of the US state, Georgia. This beautiful city is situated at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. The southern culture of the United States has the most impact on the city, making it a pack of everything from sports, food, and culture to a bustling nightlife. If you are planning for your next tour in the country, then you should visit Atlanta this time to explore the American culture and enjoy your vacation to the fullest. Read this travel guide for ideas to book cheap flights to Atlanta. This travel guide for visiting Atlanta, GA on a Budget is surely going to help you in saving big on your next trip to the city.
Handy Atlanta, GA Travel Guide:
Geography of Atlanta City (Georgia:)
The Atlanta City covers 134.0 square miles in which the land comprises 133.2 square miles and 0.85 square miles of water. It is situated at 1050 feet above sea level.
Atlanta Travel Ideas for Famous Tourist Attractions:
Atlanta is one of the ten most visited cities in the United States of America. In the year 2016, Atlanta hosted more than 51 million tourists, which eventually made the city a popular attraction. Among many of the attractions in the city that the tourists can explore and admire, here are some of the most visited tourist spots in Atlanta. So, before you book flight tickets to Atlanta, make sure that you have added the below-given attractions in your itineraries:
Georgia Aquarium: Being the largest aquarium in the world, it is the home of thousands of animals with hundreds of species. It was opened on 23rd November 2005 and it holds around ten millions of US gallons of fresh and saltwater. In the aquarium, the special specimens are whale sharks, beluga whales, California sea lions, bottlenose dolphins and manta rays.
The Childhood Home of Martin Luther King Jr: We also have the well-preserved childhood home of one of the most important personalities from the civil rights movements, the activist Martin Luther King Jr. who was born in Atlanta. You can also visit his final resting place in the city as well.
The World of Coca Cola: The heaven for our coca-cola lovers who loves the beverage can visit the place and can explore the history of world-class beverage brand.
Atlanta Botanical Garden: Garden is located on 30 acres of land Piedmont Park in Midtown Atlanta, Georgia. It is made with a theme of smaller gardens in which each garden display a wide variety of plants. It also has Kendeda Canopy Walk a 600 ft long skywalk through which you can observe one of the city’s last remaining urban forests above 40 feet from the ground.
High Museum of Art: History Museum exhibits six permanent, and several temporary, exhibitions.
Center for Civil and Human Rights: It is a museum which is dedicated to the achievements of the civil rights movement in the United States and worldwide.
Virginia Highland Summer Fest: An annual fest organized in Atlanta and over 250 artists perform and a kid fest and food festivals are also organized at the venue.
Center for Puppetry Arts: One of the very few puppet museums in the world was founded in 1978. Every year, the Center for Puppetry Arts presents.
CNN Studio: CNN news has its headquarters in Atlanta which is also open for the tourists so they can know what it takes in news making. CNN allows you to get a close look at their studios and also gets you close to make you watch a part of the live broadcast.
Atlanta Travel Guide On Transportation:
Atlanta’s transportation system consists of many ways using those you can reach every corner of the city.MARTA: – It is a rapid railway system in the Atlanta city which operates 48 miles of rail track with 38 stations on the route.
- Atlanta Streetcar: It is a streetcar route line in the Atlanta City which covers up to 4.3 km distance.
- Shuttles: Shuttle services in Atlanta are available within the city with no hassle.
- Taxis: Taxi is another better option to travel wherever you want in the city weather to the airport or somewhere else.
- Bike: Many tourist spots in the Atlanta city like World of Coca Cola, Georgia Aquarium and Center for Civil and Human Rights are just walking distance away from each other. You can use the relay bike share system to roam around and explore the city on your own.
Airports in Atlanta:
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport –ATL- This airport is titled as the busiest airport in the world.
- Terminal C- Atlanta Airport
- DeKalb Peachtree Airport
- Maynard H. Jackson International Airport
- Fulton Country Airport Atlanta Airport
Airlines That Fly To Atlanta, Georgia:
As Atlanta is a major tourist hub of the USA, all the major airlines offer its services to the destination. You can easily book cheap flight tickets to Atlanta and visit the city at affordable vacation and flight deals. Here, we have listed out some of the major airlines to visit the bustling city of Atlanta:
How To Reach Atlanta From Any Other State?
You can reach the Atlanta city from any other US State by air or roadways. There are several modes of transport available. However, the most preferred route is by air as the city is well-connected with top airlines of the world.
The Climate in Atlanta:
Atlanta has the hot, muggy summers, with short winters cold and wet. The sky is partly cloudy the whole year. The summer starts in June and ends in September when winter starts in November and ends in March. The best time of the year to visit the Atlanta city is the spring as the temperature is moderate then and rainfall is limited.
Atlanta Tour Guide On its Famous Restaurants:
BONE’S: Firstly opened in 1979, since then the restaurant is serving people delicious seafood and steak. This restaurant has been awarded as the best of the Atlanta Steakhouse Award and also it has received the highest rating on the Zagat app.
Chops Lobster Bar: This is the restaurant by Buckhead Life Restaurant Group, which is ranked as one of the top 10 steakhouses in the country. Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail & Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail are their signature dishes from the famous restaurant.
Manuel’s Tavern: This is one of the popular spots among all the celebrities out there. This place is very well-loved by the celebrities, politicians, journalists as well as the local natives of the city. Ex-president Obama visited this place during his service as the president of the country.
The Busy Bee Cafe: Fried Chicken is the most popular dish from the southern restaurant followed by chitlins and ham hocks.
Music & Arts:
Atlanta is one of the few cities, which have permanent companies from all major performing arts including Atlanta Opera, Atlanta Ballet, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
Atlanta holds up the four major team sports franchises, i.e. the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League, the Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball, the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association and Atlanta United FC of Major League Soccer.
Top Attractions For Sports Lovers:
- Mercedes Benz Stadium: Officially opened on August 26, 2017, the stadium is the home stadium for the Atlanta Falcons from National Football League and Atlanta United FC of Major League Soccer (MLS). This stadium is mainly known for its design which includes a retractable roof. It features a pin wheel having 8 translucent panels. When opened the panels of the roof creates an illusion of a birds wings.
- The Painted Pin: It is the best combination of the entertainment, bar and bowling you can imagine. It also offers sports like giant Jenga, table shuffleboard, skeeball, and southern skittle, indoor bocce courts where you can enjoy your vacation and spend some quality time with your friends.
Famous Parks in Atlanta:
- Sweetwater Creek State Park: A well-known park in Atlanta just about a half an hour drive away from downtown Atlanta, is expanded over 2500 acres of land. The park is an amazing spot for the picnic, hiking and fishing lovers where people spend their weekend peacefully.
- Chastain Park: Atlanta’s largest city park hosts various recreational activities like swimming, a musical amphitheatre where both pop and classical musicians perform and entertain the audience. Playgrounds, golf course, Horse Park, gymnasium, and the arts centre make this park enjoyable for people from all age groups.
- Centennial Olympic Park: Park, located on 22 acres of land built by Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games for the preparations for hosting 1996 summer Olympics. The key feature of this park includes a fountain of rings controlled by computers. It includes a fountain show with lights while music can be heard in the background. This park hosts a million tourists every year.
Popular Festivals of Atlanta City:
- Beer Bourbon & Bbq Festival: A typical southern festival where you can enjoy bourbon, Barbeque, Bacon, Biscuits, Bluegrass and beer all at once
- Atlanta Film Festival: This international film festival started in 1976, which occurs every spring. This festival includes genres such as experimental, horror and sci-fi.
- Atlanta Ice Cream Festival: Started in 2010, this festival is organised in summers to provide the people with a fun to where everyone’s favourite dessert ice cream is featured where you can taste and explore the various taste of ice cream of different flavours.
- ONE Music fest: Started in 2010, this is one of the most progressive fests in Atlanta. With 11 hours of nonstop music, artist performances and food trucks make it a heaven for everyone. If you are a music lover, then you should visit this fest at least once.
Essentials You Will Need During Your Vacation in Atlanta
Thermals: Clothes are a basic necessity wherever you travel. Firstly, find out during which season you will be visiting the place. Putting some thermals in your luggage is from always a better option to protect yourself from the harsh season.
Camera: Travelling is a good way to distress from your stressful life and have a break from work. But, capturing those happy moments in your camera is a good option so you can refresh your memories anytime.
Sunscreen: If you are traveling to Atlanta in summers, then don’t forget to put sunscreen with high SPF in your traveling bag so you can protect yourself from the harmful rays of the sun.
Sunglasses: Sunglasses are very important to wear in summer as well as winters also. Its importance increases in snowy conditions due to the reflective properties of snow.
Portable Chargers: If you are traveling to Atlanta or anywhere in the world. You should keep a portable charger handy with yourself. In case you need to make an emergency call to someone and you can’t because your phone is dead due to a low battery. So, it’s better to be prepared.
Medical Kit: If you are suffering from any health problems, then don’t forget the most important thing in your luggagstart i.e. your medical kit. And keep the kit at the place in your luggage from where you can access it immediately at the time of its need.
Insect Repellent: You don’t know whether the insects will eat you at the place where you are going to travel or not. So, it’s better to be prepared to repel those insects.
Hand Sanitizer: Travelling makes you sweat and dirty, so it is good to save yourself from the germs before eating anything at any place.
Guidebook with the Map: A guidebook having a map in is a big timesaver for any traveler.
Till now, you must have received the basic travel ideas to visit the Atlanta city. It is your turn to visit the place and experience the taste of South America. We hope that our travel guide for visiting Atlanta GA on a Budget proves to be helpful and you would be able to fly to the city without any hassles. However, make sure that you don’t forget to book cheap flights to atlanta at the earliest to avail of the best deals on flight tickets.